Labels

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Christmas Carol show!

Hi! Although I told you something in class, I'd like to describe without any kind of pressure. This time was my third time, and I loved!. This theater is located in a Private School lecture hall (Cardenal Spinola School), the atmosphere is quite familiar. You feel like you were a child once more time... Although the company members are amateurs, and some actors were children I found them superb! Specially three of four characters.  Hundreds of jokes were told, some of them in spanish and this pantomime is as well a musical. With the exception of the second year, I could understand quite a lot of the play, but maybe because I knew the plot, however I haven't expected to understand everyword. To be part of the audience means to be part of the play, you can sing, boo the badies or cheer the goodies, and in some cases even dance (from your seat).

         As a pantomime, Madrid Players follow the tale plot, but taking some liberties. Currently jokes or famous people have a place in this play, for example, this year Isabel Pantoja, Mario Vaquerizo, Alaska, and some others were in the play. Last year Lady Gaga was the star. Maybe you are wondering how they can mix all of this... After my first visit I thought I was hooked and as I can see... it is true! I strongly recommend you visit this amateur group. They always play around december in this school but you can follow them in their blog and website. Right now, I'm counting the days for the next play... Which tale will be? Who knows?... Will be you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment